Monday, September 8, 2014

OBTUSE MEN

I'm so frustrated by such a wasted day I can't sleep.
First I get tricked into spending a whole afternoon with Austen when I was promised we'd play Settlers, then I call back Dad who tells me I have to read 60 pages by Wednesday night which is exciting to him and not enough time for me, then ** calls right after and we talk for hours...or I do. Because I'm SOOOOOOO entertaining despite that I'm mad so I do my bad habit of running intllectual circles around him to prove to myself that it's a waste of time (I even mentioned that I was sorry for doing so because I was mad several times and he didn't even ask why), and then right after that Jeremy finally wants to talk on skype and that dude wastes my time. He won't tell me why he's sick, he won't appologize for not "being there" when I needed him, next he observes that my eyes look puffy in the latest profile photo I was proud of... (he can't say anything nice... he just has this compulsion to make sure I remember how imperfect I am) then precedes to ask me stupid questions every 20 minutes he already knows the answers to because he's too busy gaming to have a real conversation with me. To close, he then informs me that the reason the photo must be doing well is it makes my rack look huge. Which totally destroys any idea I might have had that maybe my FACE might be pretty when I've been so insecure about my acne and moles all week.

I just closed my computer without saying goodnight and tried to sleep. I'm terrified of the coming week. I feel remarkably alone, and now I can't even get the sleep I need to wake up early tomorrow so I can get my job done in time...

I know they said grad school would be isolating but I didn't expect it would be because everyone I talked to would be so oblivious.

No comments:

Post a Comment